在约翰和米莉格林大厅有专门的空间, the Smith Learning Center is home for services and resources that support and enhance Rectory students’ learning experiences. 以所有学生都能成长进步为指导信念, 宗教学校’s 学习服务 cares for the learning and curricular needs of students. 作为年轻人的稳定存在, our learning specialists celebrate our students’ milestones; they even have been seen sewing a button or two on students’ jackets!
对年轻人学业的个性化关注, 物理, 社会, and moral development has been a keystone of 宗教学校 since its founding 100 years ago. As a vital component in the School’s overall capability to fulfill its mission—nurturing the whole child within a caring, personalized learning environment—Rectory’s 学习服务 program continually seeks to grow and stay on the forefront of evidence-based practices and current research.
- 协调诊断评估和学生支持服务, 比如神经心理测试或语言治疗
- 教师 training on learning needs and differentiation of instruction and 评估
- IIP is a scheduled course in the student’s regular academic day; students not in IIP have a large-group study hall.
- 学生的学习概况是根据观察创建的, 表演, 评估, 以及教育或神经心理学评估.
- 有短期目标的个性化目标, 由学生和家长参与形成, 指导每个IIP的预期结果.
- A process of daily reflection and diagnostic assessment informs lesson 规划.
- Learning specialists communicate with parents and within the Rectory community to foster collective support and continuity of strategies.
- Students are encouraged to know and use their strengths and interests as they meet challenges.
- Overarching objectives are to help all students be independent, confident, and responsible learners.